Before using costly treatments to improve your fertility and get pregnant, change your diet. There are foods that if consumed daily will get your body ready for pregnancy and may even help you get pregnant more easily, while others may reduce your chances of having a baby in the near future.
Spinach is a very good source of iron and vitamin C, nutrients that help improve sperm quality by protecting the DNA. In fact, some studies have shown that men who regularly ate spinach had a high nutrient and sperm count of 30% healthier.
Spinach also facilitates a regular and healthy ovarian production and helps prevent neural tube defects during pregnancy.
The best method of preparing spinach is by boiling it or eating it raw in salads so it can retain its nutritional values and antioxidants.
Culinary Ideas with Spinach
- pine nuts are a great addition to boiled spinach
- pasta fusilli with spinach
- gnocchi with spinach and chicken breast with garlic
- spinach and cheese pie
- spinach with sour cream sauce
- chicken breast stuffed with spinach and mushrooms
They are a rich source of vitamin C, as well as vitamin A, folic acid and iron, so they are a must-have in your meals before and during pregnancy. Besides, radishes can be also wonderful snacks between meals.
Culinary Ideas with Radishes
- avocado sandwich with radishes
- boiled eggs with toasted bread and radishes
- salad of mango and radishes with lime dressing
- corn and radish salad
- cucumber salad with radishes and dill
Low in calories, but rich in macronutrients, broccoli are the vegetables you do not want to miss from your diet. It ensures a good functioning of the nervous system due to its significant percentage of potassium and minerals; it also favours the development of the muscle mass. Additionally, the presence of magnesium and calcium regulate your blood pressure.
Culinary Ideas with Broccoli
- pasta with broccoli and cheese
- boiled potatoes with broccoli and cheese sauce
- broccoli soup with croutons
- boiled broccoli with lemon and dill dressing
- broccoli with chicken and peas
Out of all fruits considered healthy, strawberries have the highest level of vitamin C. After raspberries and grapes, these fruits are known to be one of the best sources of manganese being also known as the protectors of the eggs, preventing them from damaging.
Culinary Ideas with Strawberries
- Strawberry hummus
- Homemade strawberry frozen yoghurt
- Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Cobb Salad
- Riccota & Strawberry Toast
One cup of sweet cherry eaten raw without the pits can provide the body with 18 percent of the RDA. The fruit also contains beta-carotene, and other important vitamins: A, B6 and K. These vitamins are essential for collagen formation of blood vessels, blood, muscles and bones.
Culinary Ideas with Cherries
- Cherry yoghurt
- Red velvet cherry cupcake
- Cherry barbecue sauce
- Fresh cherry pie